Grateful Dead Live at Dupont Gymnasium, MIT on 1970-05-07
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Don't Ease Me In, I Know You Rider, Friend Of The Devil, Me & My Uncle, Deep Elem Blues, Candyman, Cumberland Blues, New Speedway Boogie, Black Peter, Uncle John's Band
Good Lovin'-> Drums-> Good Lovin', Cold Rain & Snow, Dire Wolf, Easy Wind, Beat It On Down The Line, High Time, Cryptical Envelopement-> Drums-> The Other One-> Cryptical Envelopement-> Cosmic Charlie, Casey Jones, I'm A King Bee, Not Fade Away-> Turn On Your Love Light-> Darkness Jam-> Turn On Your Love Light
Other artist(s): NRPS first set acoustic
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Don't Ease Me In|
|I Know You Rider|
|Friend Of The Devil|
|Me And My Uncle|
|Deep Elem Blues|
|banter, tuning and Weir's stories|
|New Speedway Boogie|
|Black Peter #|
|Uncle John's Band|
|Whatcha Gonna Do|
|Six Days On The Road|
|I Don't Know You|
|Workin' Man Blues|
|All I Ever Wanted|
|Fair Chance To Know//|
|Last Lonely Eagle|
|The Race Is On *|
|Seasons Of My Heart *|
|Mama Tried * >|
|Honky Tonk Women|
|Cold Rain And Snow|
|Beat It On Down The Line >|
|Cryptical Envelopment >|
|The Other One >|
|Cryptical Envelopment >|
|I'm A King Bee|
|The Frozen Logger > Drums >|
|Not Fade Away >|
|Turn On Your Love Light +|
- You can occasionally hear the taper/s and friends chatting but it doesn't get in the way.
- "Love Light" contains "Saint Stephen", "Darkness" and "China Cat jams." This was the first "Darkness" jam. +
- Billy's 24th Birthday.
- A number of small dropouts have been repaired and a considerable number of bumps removed.
- Some background noise has been removed.
- Patches have been taken from shid 32276 which is my remaster of Noah Weiner's source.
"I Know You Rider" - last 11 seconds (no music involved)
"Friend Of The Devil" - 0:00- 3:54
"banter, tuning and Weir's stories" - all
"New Speedway Boogie" - 0:00-0:42 and 10:40-11:27
"Casey Jones" - all
"I'm A King Bee" - first couple of seconds
"Not Fade Away" - last 46 seconds
"Love Light" - first 6.5 seconds
- I also did a little work on the NRPS set to remove several artifacts and retracked it.
Thanks to Joe B. Jones for his advice on pitch correction.
Thanks to Noah Weiner who's source provided the patches and the NRPS set
Thanks to Charlie Miller for the transfer but mostly thanks to Tim Dalton for providing this source of a great show.
What a joy it must have been to attend one of these GD/NRPS nights of music.
edited and mastered
- 2018-02-21 02:20:57
- Cambridge, MA
- Run time
- Source: Audience Cassette Master > Reel > PCM (Sony HG) - Provided by Tim Dalton; Transfer: PCM > Sony SL-10 > Sony PCM-601ESD > Behringer Ultramatch Pro > Tascam DA-3000 > WAV 16/44.1 - Transferred By Charlie Miller; New Riders Of The Purple Sage Source: Audience Cassette Master > ? > 7" Reel > DAT; Transfer: DAT > HD > SHN - Transferred by Noah Weiner; Lineage: wav > Adobe Audition 1.5 > iZotope RX6 Advanced > iZotope 5 Advanced > CD Wave > TLH > Flac 16; edited and mastered SIRMick February 2018; the original version of this source had a tracking error in the set 3 files
- Taped by
- Tim Dalton
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller and SIRMick
- Dupont Gymnasium, MIT
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on